Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cool News

After a fabulous weekend of scrapping, scrapping ... and more scrapping at the cyber crop over on the Boxx, I managed to score myself a month as the featured guest as a prize for being overall winner of the crop! Seven layouts in 3 days!!! I was so excited last night when the winner was announced. It was actually dh who broke the news as he checked the announcements while I was cleaning up after dinner!

Some fabulous ladies contributed some equally fabulous layouts and I was a little surprised to say the least. Thank you to all who played along, and I hope you all got as much out of it as I did in terms of the enjoyment factor!

I must admit to being way out of my comfort zone, in that I usually mull over my work for a couple of days until I call it 'done', so scrapping so quickly and not having time to fiddle with things was really difficult for me to do. That's not to say that I won't fiddle with them now that its all over and done with ... :))

Here are just a couple of my faves..

multicouloured bling, doileys and 2 photos

glitter and sequins {don't know how on earth glitter and sequins prompted me to do a layout of dh !!}

pearls and lace... look at me doin' pink, flowery and pretty... who'd a thunk it! :)

Do yourself a favour and drop in for a little look at some of the entries and challenges
... awesome stuff!

And this is what I was left with at the end of the frenzy...

Oddly enough, I don't remember using half of this stuff.. :)) ... must have been seriously in the zone!!

... and lastly - just a little share. How is this for an awesome little find. Dh bought this home from a trip down to Brissy on the weekend. It's actually an old ammunition box that belonged to his grandfather... but I just fell in love with it and quickly claimed it for some of my scrap supplies. Best part is... there are 2 of them!!

3 comments:

Shell said...

Yay Julie Congrats! Your LOs are gorgeous so Im totally not surprised. xx

Leanne J said...

woohoo.. totally agree with Shell.. your layouts are stunning.. all of them so you totally deserved winning.. and i cant wait for your guest spot. yay...

Leanne J said...

PS.. you'll have to tell dh that you need ROCTREAT for research..lol.