Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Nice Surprise!

Super thrilled this week to be one of the featured artists on The Colour Room again, with Palette # 15 - 'my boy' layout. Thanks so much for all the well wishes ... really, really appreciate them!!

Also, this week I submitted a layout in the weekly challenge over on the Boxx, set by the uber talented Leanne Allinson. We had to 're-invent' an old layout style in our 'today' scrapping style.... we also had to upload the old version in addition to the new {grimaces painfully}...

I think this is the second layout I ever completed....

....this lo is so typical of my early style {cringe}. Big photo, big title and every space on the page full of stuff!! I would agonise over the placement of every detail and embellishment. Consequently it would take me a week to complete one page!!! lol

and this is the re-invention....
I decided to use the big photo and big title again, but in stark contrast to my early style, really grunge it up and create a 'haphazard' look! I couldn't bring myself to cover the whole page though ... just had to have some white space on that page!! ... :))
here are some closeups too...
thanks for visiting!! :))

1 comment:

Leanne J said...

oh yeah and this one.. might just need a lift of it too....
spectacular...