Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello Spring!

... finally!  My current flu makes it number 5 for the winter season!  Not loving winter any more... nor am I loving spending a whole day on the lounge, shivering and coughing... that was Tuesday.  DH even took days off work to run the kids around for me.  :(   I have high hopes for spring!

So, being the first of the month means new challenge time.  Kraft It Up would like to see stitching and fabric on your layout, using Kraft as a base.  So up my alley!  I'd be hard pressed to do a layout without stitching on it.  And Fabric?  Anyone who has seen a couple of my layouts might know that I kinda have a thing for muslin!  hehee.  And because I also had a bit of a thing for peek-a-boo's last month, I combined all these fetishes in the one page:

{beautiful}


I must admit to being a little inspired by the immensely talented Heidi Kelly for this one.  LOVE Heidi's work!  And I really did get my money's worth out of that piece of 'Authentique' pp.  I managed to spread it out over three layouts!  lol.  I misted some muslin with a teeny bit of 'graphite' glimmermist, which gave it a really soft, silvery look, that complemented the Authentique pp really nicely.  Oh, and here's a tip.... don't use Black Stazon Ink on your templates!!  What was I thinking?!!  Oh well, it still works ...   :)


This photo of Claire was taken minutes before she competed in a triathalon early this year.  I just adore her 'game face'.  It says so much about her character and spirit... :))

Now... onto the bigger issue of the day.  Should I get out of my pj's or not?  :)

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a lovely spring day... 

Jules
x

17 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Hope you feel better soon. So hard being unwell when you are a busy Mum.
Love this page. The colors are gorgeous with the Kraft and love the peek-a-boo look.

Cathy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Jules.. you really have been in the wars this Winter!! OMG WOW how do you do it.. another stunner.. adore this!!! :)))

Leanne J said...

well first up..no matter how i feel i HAVE to get out of my pj's.. i just cant stay in them all day it makes me feel worse.. yep i know i'm some kind of freak or something..LOL..
this layout is absolutey freaking amazing Jules..your work.. is just so crap..... LOL>. you understand what i mean..hehehehheee.. words just cant discribe them..wow.
hope you feel better its spring..thats what i keep telling myself today anyho....... lots of love an sugar...

Kim Ewins said...

I so hope you stayed in your PJ's...and had plenty of couch time too...if I lived a little closer I would have popped over with some homemade chicken soup...
Layout is beautiful just like it's title. I'm not big on pink but this looks awesome with the kraft and black bits...
Hope you feel much better real soon...

Unknown said...

Get really better Jules...its no fun being sick and having to do everything else as well.. well this page is STUNNING!!! Just love those colours togther and your peek-a-boo look is just AMAZING!! Take care..HUGS :))xx

Dolly B said...

Well you know I love it, and I just love those little peices of peppermint green lacey bits, just the perfect touch.
Hope your feeling better
Hugs
Mary x

Unknown said...

julie

i just love the placement of your photo...hope you are feeling better soon

Chantelle said...

Love, love your style Jules - this looks amazing - so many wonderful details. Hope you feel much better soon and the flu stays away!!

Daphna said...

Another beautiful layout! Love how you used the floral paper. BTW you might be able to get the Stazon off the template with alcohol or Stazon cleaner http://www.tsukineko.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=36
Feel Better!

Christine said...

Ooh, check out the focus on her face! I absolutely love your peek-a-boo style! This one is amazing!

Hope you feel better
xx

Debbie Smith said...

Totally love your page Julie. Beautiful. Clever. Inspiring!

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! MY! GOODNESS! Jules.......
I'm SOOOooo LOVING this Layout!!!
You are 1 SUPER TALENTED Chick A Dee......
I Really like the Peek A Boo affect!!!
GR8! minds think alike with using the Authentique - Uncommon range & Kraft.....
hehehehe!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I love your peek-a-boo series! Just beautiful.

Emma said...

omgoodness I love this layout, think im gonna so lift it, its gorgeous! love love love it.

Unknown said...

Stunning! With a capital S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! LOVE the split center torn like that, such an awesome technique!!! Sorry you weren't feeling well, hope all is better now, xx

kathie said...

Beautiful page Jules! I love the distressing on your pages.

I'm hearing you on being sick. I've been sick this past week too, and all I can say is thank goodness its Spring!! I was totally OVER winter.

Eila Sandberg said...

Writing this I know that you've come out on the other side of the tunnel now. Must have been a hellish winter for all of you, we're heading right into autumn over here and I've just had my first flu. Oh my oh my, love the pinks with the craft and the muslin sure is so lovely!! Gorgeous page as usual Jules! xxxx