Monday, November 7, 2011

A Big Share...

Hello Monday. They come around quickly don't they?

A big bits and pieces share today. With the release of the Scrapboxx bumper issue Sept/Oct newsletter, I can finally share my latest Book of You Kit Layouts. I made up an absolutely gorgeous Bo Bunny Et Cetera kit this month.... I totally fell in love with this range as soon as I saw it's CHA release, and there are so many goodies in it!!


This month is all about the things that you think define the person you are. This is actually a lot harder to put into words that you think on the surface of it all. The things that define you go far deeper than just using words to describe yourself. The things that define us are an accumulation of experiences, how we have dealt with these experiences, the people that have shaped us and why we do the things we do. Not just what we like and don’t like, but why? How do you put into words what is at your very core?

I think you just have to start writing and hope that, somewhere in between the lines, is what makes you tick. That is what I did anyway... and this is by no means exhaustive. I could go on and on and write pages of this stuff. But, I think you just have to start somewhere and break it up into smaller tasks. What defines you could be a ‘Book of You’ all of it’s own... maybe a mini album?

{Defining Me}

{gasp}... a big photo?  I know, different for me huh?  :))  I also printed it onto transparency, so as not to lose any of that gorgeous grungy background detail of the filigree die cut shape.

For my second layout, I thought about the things that play a role in shaping who we are. For me, the biggest indication of a person’s nature has to be the types of people they choose to have around them. How many times have we heard the saying “You can tell a person by the company they keep”, or words to that effect? Our friends (unlike family..lol) are around us because we have chosen them. For whatever reason, we have gravitated toward them. For this reason, this page had to be about my bestie, whom (I would hope) speaks volumes as to my character, and I love her to death! :)


{In Good Company}


Full tutorials and instructions are available to kit subscibers over at The Boxx Book of You Group.  :)

Onto family goings on, and thanks so much for all the well wishes for our camping trip this weekend... and the maiden voyage of our new camper trailer.  We had a fantastic time.  The weather was nice to us, not too hot and no rain.  We all had a great time, lots of chillin' out, punctuated with lots of swimming and playing.  I thought I'd share a couple of shots from our weekend.


The Location:




The Humble Little Campsite:

The Essential Supplies:

The Water Play:

The Skipping Stones:

The Lunch Time Muster:

The Relaxing of Rules:
... when would this little boy be able to scoff an entire box of cheezels otherwise!

The Chillin':

The Chillin' Continued:

... And Continued:

... And Totally Chilled:

Lovely way to spend a couple of nights.  Back to reality and aaaaalll that cleaning now! 
Oh, and the new camper was an absolute dream.  So quick and easy to set up/pack up, and so many convenient features!!  :)  I'm sure there are many fun times to be had with her.  Yes, I do think she is a her... but I haven't come up with a name yet.  :)) 


Thanks for stopping by lovely ladies and I hope you all have a fantastic week.... now, onto that fifth load of washing!!  lol

Jules
x

13 comments:

glorygirl said...

Wow! Completely gorgeous layouts! The camping pix are great, too! Looks like you had a lovely time!

Cathy said...

Both such stunning creations Jules.. I love that range of Bo Bunny papers too and you've used them beautifully!! Looks like you had a lovely time camping and chilling out, that camper van sounds fabulous! :)) hugs

Leanne said...

LOL!! I love the camping pics! It looks like you guys had a fabulous week end too! It's sooo nice to get away right?! :)

Love the BOY kits too. Yummmm! Beautiful LOs Jules. You have ROKed them...x

Marelize said...

You've done it again Jules! You're layouts are simply breathtaking! So love your style. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. xx

Gwen Wruck said...

How I love all of this!! The photo on the transparency looks amazing and the circles in the 2nd layout, wow. Sounds like a great weekend away too.

Linda Eggleton said...

Just love all the techniques you incorporate into your LO's to come up with such stunning work <3

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend away...and I agree, the van is definitely a she :)

Eila Sandberg said...

You sure had a fab weekend! thanks for sharing the pics and no, I don't envy your bare legs and shorts at all - oh no not one bit .. LOVE your pages, especially the second one. Thep papers spell your name and you'v worked them brilliantly! xoxox

Unknown said...

WOW simply gorgeous Jules!! Love the themes of those challenges..and huge fan of the new BB papers too but you have done a stunning job as always! Love the photos..looks like you had a blast! We need to get a way more often but we are finding it hard to find nice places up this way to camp..!!
Take care :))xx

Christine said...

Utterly gorgeous jules, I LOVE that big photo of you and that list is fantastic!

Beautiful camping pics, looks like a fun time was had by all!

janice said...

Sounds like everything went well and you had a great weekend away. Suppose you are already planning the next one.

Your pages are amazing Julie, really love them. The BB papers are beautiful. The page of your girls is absolutely gorgeous too.

Thanks for the inspiration once again.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I am happy I have found your blog! Your work is simply beautiful and totaly inspiring! I'll be visiting!
Hugs!!

Dolly B said...

As always Jules your layouts are breathtaking, just divine. Thanks for sharing your campervan adventure. We used to go camping when Our children were little, we had a 5 man tent and I have lots of fantastic memories of the fun times we had.

Cheers
Maryx

Anthea said...

gorgeous LOs Jules!! totally stunning. Love the camping photos too.