Monday, April 16, 2012

Dusty Blooms....

Hello lovelies and Happy Monday!

Did you know Dusty Attic now has blooms?!!!! 

Well, not only do they have blooms now, but they are just amazingly well crafted.  I had the pleasure of playing with some over the weekend....

{U2}




I started off with just the Dusty in Bloom Bridal Veil and Celestial White and started misting to match my colours.  They were so easy to colour.




Then of course, there is the fantastic Dusty Attic Chippy too!

I used:
mini Vintage Chandelier DA 0625
Keys & Locks DA 0680
mini Keys & Locks DA 0679
Sweet Hearts DA 0684



  


 Here is a little tute on my chippy technique that I applied to all pieces:



  1. Gather supplies. I used Gesso, TA Glimmermist in ‘crushed shells’, Martha Stewart Metallic Gold acrylic paint and TA Glimmerglam in ‘tide pool’. 
  2. Apply gesso liberally in a stippling fasion with a large brush, giving the piece lots of texture for the other media to ‘adhere’ to. 
  3. Spritz with glimmermist while still wet. Dry with heat gun and repeat. This will give the piece lots of waterstained character. 
  4. Apply some gold paint and Glilmmerglam to your craft mat, dip your fingers into it and randomly dab the piece with your fingers, but only partially covering it. Dry with heat gun.

I love this random effect. The chippy has lots of shine and glimmer, but the random application provides a little more texture and interest also.

 

I also used some fantastic canvas from Canvas Corp, which also colours beautifully with mist.... I had a play with some gel medium, mists and an old hair comb (heaps of fun and will definitely be trying that again!!) .... and also added some beautiful buttons and ribbon from the lovely Nicole at Craft Queen!
 
That's all for now.  Hope all your kiddies are happily back to school.  Despite having a fantastic Easter break and spending time away with friends, mine were so happy to be going back today..... little weirdos!! :))
 
Oh, and just because I can't help it..... have a look at my little man!  (yep, that's him being pushed over!! : / )First season of Rugby League this year and he scored two tries on the weekend.  His team beat the visiting team 18/14.  Considering the full contact nature of this code I think I did okay from the sidelines... my hands were covering my eyes less than half the game I think.  I'm getting better! 
 
 
 
Have a fantastic week.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon.
 
Cheers,
 
Jules
x

20 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Stunning! Ranks right up there with the prettiest I have seen! Love every detail!

scrapinka said...

Fantastic layot!

Blossom inch said...

Oh my!!! love love love this page, the textures, dimensions, the embs, the stitching, the colour, the stencils, the pic and all the techniques and layering are just AWESOME!!!!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love, love, love your layout!! So much detail and texture, I just love it!

Gail L said...

Hi Julie! Just letting you know that I've linked your blog on the Greatest View blog! x

kANNAdyjka said...

Your all LOs are perfect and very balanced. I adore so much your style!
you are the BEST!

cvanholstein said...

Lovely layout!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow, just stunning, I totally adore every little detail of your layout! :)

Jasmine S said...

Julie this is beautiful. The photo is gorgeous and I love the colours. The masking, the chippies.....delish.

Unknown said...

Gasp!!! STUNNING in every way Jules!! You are a master :))) pst...you holiday looks amazing! x

Stacey Young said...

Just popping by to say "Hi" and omg WOW!!!!!!! Love this!! It's just so so beautiful, colours are brilliant:):) And no, I didn't know they were doing flowers, they look stunning too. Hugs xo

Crie Artezzanato said...

Lindissímo o seu Lo.


Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Julie, You never cease to amaze me! Every. single. time. I look forward each week to seeing what you are up to!

Cathy said...

OMG WOW Jules, absolutely stunning!! ADORE the colours, textures and gorgeous layering and those chippies are so yummy!! Loving your TCR LO from the previous post too. Your creations always blow me away! I hope we get a little time to catch up at the June Show. Hugs :))

Her Essential Hand said...

oh Jules.. just popping by for a Jules overload... and I got it!!!
Gee woman.. you rock my scrappy world.
Love that photo of the boys too.. that time of year uh!!
Have a good weekend
x

zuziucha said...

I just LOVE this layout!

Karen Shady said...

Hi Jules.... would you mind dropping me an email here karen_shady{at}ymail.com ...... just want to pick your brains xx

Maria said...

Good morning from Greece :) i can't stop looking your layout everything is so perfectly combined, the techniques the colors, the embellisments...Happy to find you through Nadia C. :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Have just waved bye to hubbs who's going on a trip with his best mate and am gearing up to go check out your newest class over at Miss Art's. Ogling and drooling over this page is to prepare my old faint ticker for the shock of another stellar journey. You are, and have always been, my scrappy goddess Jules!! Have the bestest weekend ever darling! xoxox

The Jule Box Studios said...

Hello there Jules, just found your site and I fell in love with your work! Hope to get to know you and your work more, you've become another artist that is inspiring me to stretch out beyond my circle of comfort! Thanks a lot:) Jules:)